How to Design a Tee Shirt in 3 Easy Steps
Why would a business owner want to learn how to design a tee shirt? Because this is one of the simplest ways for you to promote your business! Considering what your client's will use on a daily basis helps you choose the right promo products, and since just about everyone in the entire world wears tee shirts, what better way to promote your business? You can even bump it up another level by connecting with one or more globally recognized tee shirt brands! Doing so allows you to partner up with one or more of these famous brands, which is going to get your brand noticed much more quickly.
Brand Name Promo Products
Ready to understand some of the benefits that come with choosing to connect with one or more famous brand name tee shirts? Great! Choosing our brand name products easily allows your brand to promote its message. What do you want it to say? Choosing the right message is important, as your promo tee shirts can be used to promote your company in many different ways. For example, promotional tee shirts make your business look more professional, allow your employees to be instantly recognizable, instill a sense of pride in employees, and of course, promotional tee shirts are a fantastic conversation starter! Since you'll be choosing one or more brand name promo tee shirts to connect with, one of the first things you'll need to do is choose the brand names that you feel is a great match for your business. Next, you'll need to choose a style of tee shirt that fits in with your brand. Once you as a business owner recognize the many benefits that come with using
promotional clothing, like tee shirts, to make your business stand out far from your competition, all you now need to do is take the next step. Ready?
*Examples of other apparel that make for great promo items include sweatshirts, scarves, hats, socks, and sunglasses. Be sure to keep these popular promo items in mind when considering which of the many famous brand names you want to connect with when it's time for you to choose your next promo item to promote your business! Which Tee Shirt Brand Would You Like to Connect With? At Monterey Promo, we place a large importance on offering our clients a huge selection of different brand name promo items. This means you’re sure to find multiple brand names to connect your business to, making it so you’ll need to pick and choose which brand name items will best align with your business’ voice. When it comes to our offering high-quality, fashionable, and/or really cool trending tee shirts, some of the more popular brand names you can choose to connect with include Fruit of the Loom, Hanes®, Jerzees, Gildan, Next Level, and Bella & Canvas. Wow!
While the majority of business owners tend to connect with 1 or 2 famous brand names for promo reasons, you can choose as many brands that you feel will take your business to another level. If you happen to need a little help finding and choosing the best tee shirts to represent you and your business, know that we have a team of specialists who can assist you at any time! Once we add your customizations to the brand name products you choose, they become your products. We suggest you give all of your employees a tee shirt so they can wear it when attending company events, like picnics, or events that are purely focused on promoting your company, like trade shows, conventions, and seminars.
- Examples of Popular Brand Name Tee Shirts That are HOT Right Now Have you already decided which type of tee shirt will best promote your business? There are many different types of tee shirt styles from which you can choose from, making it essential that you choose one that best fits in with your business. Examples of tee shirt styles include your classic short-sleeve tee shirts, long-sleeve tee shirts, sporty tee shirts, and unisex tee shirts.
- Be sure to keep the following in mind when choosing the type of tee shirts you want to represent your business’s brand. What type of image do you want your business to present? Are there certain colors you want your promo tee shirts to include? What type of information do you want included on your tee shirts? The name of your business, tagline, logo, images? Do you expect your employees to where their promo tee shirts every day, or only when attending certain events? The trending, unique and/or popular promo tee shirts shown below can help give you an idea of the types of tee shirts available to you. Which one do you think fits in best with your brand?
1. Fruit of the Loom. This Sofspun Long Sleeve T-Shirt made by Fruit of the Loom is
preshrunk, breathable, lightweight, super soft, and includes double needle stitched sleeves
and rib cuffs, making this tee shirt one that includes features that make it stand out from
other long sleeve promo tee shirts. Impressed? Available in 7 different colors, and sizes
small through 3XL.
2. Hanes®. This Hanes®. Cool Dri Sport Shirt for men, and this Cool Dri Women's Sport Shirt are great promo tee shirt choices! Top features include a 50+ UPF rating, and double needle stitched sleeves and bottom hem. Available in 5 different colors, and sizes small through 2XL for men. Available in 6 different colors, and sizes small through 2XL for women.
3. Jerzees. This Jerzees 50/50 Piqu Polo with SpotShield is a classic promo polo tee shirt choice, with best features including stain-resistant, welt-knit collar, and a 2-button pocket with bottom stitched reinforcements. Polo shirts offer a level of professionalism, making promo polo tee shirts a popular option when promoting a business. Available in 3 different colors, and sizes small through 3XL.
4. Gildan. This Ringer T-Shirt for men made by Gildan is currently a trending style of promo tee shirts! Best features include it uses moisture-wicking technology, has a seamless collar, and its tapered neck and shoulders, which make for a casual, yet professional looking tee shirt. Available in 7 different color combinations, and sizes small through 3XL.
5. Next Level. This Next Level Ringer T-Shirt for women is flattering, and adds a professional touch, making this tee shirt one that is commonly chosen for promotional reasons. Made using 100% combed ringspun cotton, this really cool tee shirt also includes side seams, and a binded collar and cuffs. Available in 3 different color combinations, and sizes small through 2XL.
6. Bella & Canvas. This Unisex Sueded Tee made by Bella & Canvas makes it easy for you if you're interested in only choosing 1 tee shirt style from 1 brand name company. This trending unisex promo tee shirt is a perfect choice, as it’s simple chic, and super soft due to its being made using airlume combed and ringspun materials. Available in 8 different colors, and sizes small through 2XL. Ready to learn how to design a tee shirt so you can make your business stand out from your competition? Let’s do this! How to Design a Tee Shirt Can you believe it? You can learn how to design a tee shirt to promote your brand in as little as 3 simple steps – brainstorming for design ideas, creating the actual design, and then contacting our team here at Monterrey Promo so we can create your custom design promotional tee shirts for you. So Simple!
1. Brainstorming. Brainstorming is the first, and one of the most important parts of designing a promotional tee shirt that properly represents your business. The entire purpose of choosing promo tee shirts is to get your business noticed, and that requires you to first create a design that’s 100% in line with your business. In order for those of you who need a little inspiration in order to create your original tee shirt design, entering a few carefully chosen keywords online is sure to bring you up a wide variety of visual resources.
Answering the questions below is going to help you get the brainstorming process started!
- What style of tee shirts are in align with your business’s brand?
- What kind of personality traits do you want your promo tee shirts to convey?
- Does your company brand support a casual tee shirt look, or a more professional tee shirt look?
- Do you want the promo tee shirts you choose to be the same for your employees, clients, and customers?
- What are some key themes of your brand?
- Is your business lighthearted, traditional, fancy, fun, serious, etc.?
- Is there a particular famous brand name that you'd prefer to do business with?
- Know that many business owners will design promo tee shirts with the goal of selling them.
If you're a business owner who plans on selling your custom design tee shirts for promotional reasons, then you're going to need to make sure they're extremely marketable Ask yourself, why would someone want to buy my tee shirts? What makes them so cool and so unique that it makes people want to reach out and buy? This makes it even more essential for you to brainstorm some really cool designs that can make it so anybody who sees your promo tee shirts, will want to buy one! Also, be sure to separate your personal recommendations with your business recommendations, as it’s the brand of your business that you need to focus on when creating promotional tee shirts. And be sure to conduct enough research so that you feel confident that your promo tee shirts are going to be in demand.
2. Creating the Design
Once you’ve gone through the brainstorming stage, it's now time for you to take all of your brainstorming ideas, and start creating your original design. How exciting! Simply start taking all of the elements of your brainstorming sessions, and begin placing them together in a variety of ways in order for you to get a good visual of how your design will look once placed on your promo tee shirts. If you're someone who feels they need a little assistance in creating the perfect promo design to place on your tee shirts, please don't hesitate to reach out and collaborate with an experienced freelancer. There are many choices available online nowadays when it comes to finding a freelancer who specializes in creating custom designs for business owners. In order to make sure that you’ve found the perfect freelancer, have a short list of questions you want to send them, as the answers will help you determine whether or not they’re the right freelancer for you. If you do you make the choice to hire a freelancer to help you create your promo tee shirt design, understand that there are different types of designers you can choose from. For example, you can choose to hire a logo designer, a brand identity designer, or a 3D graphic designer. Which type of designer do you think will be ideal when it comes to creating your custom tee shirt design?
The below questions will help you create your final promo design.
- What colors do you want to use?
- Which font best represents your brand?
- How large do you want the font to appear?
- Do you think a simple design would be best, or a detailed design?
- Do you already have some design elements in place?
When it comes to using colors, keep in mind both the colors of your design, as well as the colors of your promo tee shirts. Would you prefer a more subtle design placed on a very colorful tee shirt? Or would you prefer a neutral colored tee shirt so you can add your very colorful design to it? And never estimate the importance of choosing the right fonts, as your choice of fonts are essential when it comes to representing the brand of your business. While one of the more important aspects of chosen fonts is that they’re easy to read, keep in mind that fonts play a large role in how your business is viewed, i.e. fun, serious, classic, clean, fancy, modern. Leaning toward a more simple design? Or maybe you might be interested in creating a more detailed design to place on your promo tee shirts? It really is a matter of preference, as some promo tee shirts only include a logo, while other tee shirts include a variety of designs centered around the name of the business being promoted. If you already have design elements in place, then you're already on your way to creating your custom-made promo tee shirt! Examples of design elements include knowing the colors you want to use, any shapes you want to use, any textures that you feel will improve
your tee shirt design, and the overall size of your tee shirt design.
3. Choosing Monterey Promo to Create Your Custom-Designed Tee Shirts!
Once you've created your tee shirt design, we can help you determine where your design will best go on the brand name promo tee shirts you choose. Since imprinting choices include the full front, the full back, the left chest, the right chest, the left sleeve, the right sleeve, and the yoke, you have many choices! So know that you can always contact our experienced team to ask them for their professional opinion, as we’re always available to you when needed.For business owners who are considering adding their original business design to their promo tee shirts themselves, understand that there’s a huge learning curve when it comes to producing custom-made promo tee shirts. While there's not a lot of business ownerswho try to take on this type of promotional project themselves, the few who do often find that it takes more time and more money when choosing to take the do-it-yourself route. Ready to learn about your imprinting choices? We offer the following imprinting options for producing your promo tee shirts. Do you have a preference?
Screen Print. The screen imprinting method is one that tends to be very popular for creating custom-made promo tee shirts. It include using a variety of printing screens, of which each screen contains a part of your custom made tee shirt design as the screens are organized by color. When all of these screens are placed together, the end result is a high- quality tee shirt design.
- Screen Print Pro? The fact that screen printing inks tend to be thicker when compared to other types of inks, means that this imprinting method is one that offers vibrant colors, as well as tends to last longer than other inks used to make custom tee shirts.
- Screen Print Con? Because this imprinting method uses screens to transfer custom designs, limited artwork placement must be kept in mind.
Digital Print. The digital print imprinting method is one that requires your design be placedon a computer document, and then printed out so that the design can then be applied directly to the tee shirt. This particular method is often used when placing logos on promo tee shirts.
- Digital Print Pro? There tends to be no maximum number when it comes to the amount of colors used, or how detailed one's design is.
- Digital Print Con? Digital imprinting methods tend to cost more when compared to other imprinting methods used to create promo tee shirts.
Heat Transfer, aka Sublimation. This imprinting method is one that requires a design to be first printed onto a piece of heat transfer paper, and then applying the piece of transfer paper to the tee shirt. This sublimation imprinting method is one that uses heat in order to transfer colors onto the fabric of tee shirts.
- Heat Transfer, Sublimation Pro? This imprinting method is one that produces vibrant colors, making it so that it’s a great choice for business owners who want their custom design to include bright, vivid colors, Heat
- Transfer, Sublimation Con? This method isn't able to print more than a certain amount of colors at one time, potentially limiting one's choices when it comes to how many colors they want to use in there custom tee shirt design.
Embroidery. The embroidery method utilizes a special embroidery machine to add a design to a tee shirt, as the design is added to the tee shirt using stitching threads. Business owners who choose this imprinting method do so because they like the personalized touch that embroidery offers to custom-made promo tee shirts.
- Embroidery Pro? Embroidery not only adds texture to a design, it adds a higher level of professionalism and perceived value.
- Embroidery Con? The cost of embroidering a custom design on a promo tee shirt is often based on how many colors are used to embroider the design on the tee shirt.
A Few TIPS for Creating, Selling Promo Tee Shirts Creating an original tee shirt designed for promo reasons requires you to keep many things in mind while undergoing all of the above how to design a tee shirt steps. If you feel like you're in a little over your head, don't fret! Instead, all you need to do is reach out to our professional and experienced promo team for their expert advice. Below is a list of a few beneficial tips that can help you create, and sell, your custom-made promotional tee shirts. Creating TIP - When in the brainstorming and designing stages, it's essential that you make sure your promo tee shirt design ideas will translate well once placed on your chosen tee shirt. This makes it a good idea to take each of your designs, and place them on an actual tee shirt in order to get an idea of how each of your custom made designs will actually look.
- Creating TIP – Know what your budget is before you do anything else. You need to understand your budget because this allows you to understand what your promo tee shirt options are going to be. For example, maybe you want to buy 1000 tee shirts for promotional reasons. Which tee shirts are in your budget range? Also, keep in mind that larger sizes, and additional colors may add to your final costs.
- Selling TIP - You can market your promotional tee shirts as event souvenirs when attending special marketing events. You can also order a certain number of promo tee shirts, and market them by saying there's only a certain amount of them available, making it so people will want to buy your limited addition tee shirts. Cool!
- Selling TIP – Create a landing page to sell your promo tee shirts. You can create an online store as an extension of your website, or you can create a brand new platform that includes a few landing pages to promote your original, custom-designed, brand name promo tee shirts. Know that when you choose a famous brand name to connect with and have your businesses information and design imprinted on them, these tee shirts are now 100% yours!
Contact Us When Your Tee Shirt Design is Ready!
At Monterey Promo, our goal is to get your custom promo tee shirts to you as quickly as possible, while making sure not to sacrifice quality. So as soon as you’ve figured out all of the fine details regarding your custom tee shirt design, contact us so we can create your promo tee shirts for you! Again, if you have any questions or are in need of any type of professional assistance, we invite you to contact us now so we can help you in your quest to create promo tee shirts that will get your brand noticed.